PDA

View Full Version : Dehumidifier Ideas?

gagrandy
22-03-2007, 07:07 PM
HI, I am looking to create a dehumidfier for my deer blind. Our window fogs up really bad. It is air tight and heated to about 75 degrees. It is needed during seasson when it is about 30 degrees or below out side. I cant have a compressor run becuase it is too loud. Plus if i am going to use snow to cool the liquid in the system then the coils outside have to be at ground level, where as the coils inside the blind are 12 feet up. I was thinking of some sort of siphon system maybe. Any ideas would be greatfully apreciated.

NoNickName
22-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Just install a crossflow heat exchanger with exhaust heat recovery.

http://www.baltur.it/system/files/foto/brr.jpg

Baltur, Termocold, FCR and many more produce these sort of things. Very cost effective and energy efficient. No need to mess up with the snow.

Gary
22-03-2007, 08:29 PM
HI, I am looking to create a dehumidfier for my deer blind. Our window fogs up really bad. It is air tight and heated to about 75 degrees. It is needed during seasson when it is about 30 degrees or below out side. I cant have a compressor run becuase it is too loud. Plus if i am going to use snow to cool the liquid in the system then the coils outside have to be at ground level, where as the coils inside the blind are 12 feet up. I was thinking of some sort of siphon system maybe. Any ideas would be greatfully apreciated.

The problem is that your blind is too air tight. You need to bring in outdoor air, heat it, blow it at the window. That outdoor air, when heated, will be very very dry.

30F air @ 100% relative humidity, will warm up to about 20% relative humidity @ 75F.

30F air @ 50% relative humidity will be about 10% relative humidity when heated to 75F.

The colder the outdoor air, the dryer it will be when warmed to 75F.

Abby Normal
23-03-2007, 11:05 PM
just ventilate

pennswoodsed
24-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Would a small inlet tube from outside to cold side of heater add the needed percentage of fresh air?