PDA

View Full Version : Australia

stevelaird
14-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi all im in the process of applying for my visa to go to Australia and was wondering if there were any A/C -fridge blokes who have done it that could give me any advice. i cant make up my mind between Adelaide or brisbane.

cheers steve

Brian_UK
14-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Be a little patient Steve, you posted near enough the same question on Monday.:(

You are breezing close to becoming a spammer.:eek:

Toolman
04-04-2007, 03:09 AM
If your any good theres always a job in Adelaide . I,m here , and we are always looking for techs . Brisbane is warmer though as its closer to the equator .But Adelaide gets a break from the heat we have the 4 seasons here BUT we are running out of water supply , hopefully this will change shortly as winter is about to hit . If it doesnt rain this winter we are stuffed !

syd
13-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Steve,
I am coming to the end of my stay in oz :( and i was mostly based in Sydney. Did you know that you need a license to work with refrigerants? this could seriously limit the amount of jobs you can go for.

FreezerGeezer
13-04-2007, 05:11 PM
I like Brisvegas myself, but then I've never been to Adelaide.
The drawback with the Gold / Sunshine coast area is that it gets really humid in late summer.
The bonus is that if you're young, single & good looking, there's an awful lot of holidaymakers on the coast. ;)

setrad7791
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi there! Im a fridgy on the sunshine coast! 100k north of brisbane... all i can say is you would love the sunshine coast and once here you will not wont to leave!!! but on a serious note if your r going to come for work make sure it's during summer because us fridgys are in hot demand! but winter time does get a little slow and it may be a little difficult to find work... good work that is!