View Full Version : Eliwell Ewpc 961

KCDOMAPPS
25-02-2007, 06:54 PM
:confused: HI,I HAVE A ELIWELL UNIT WHICH IS CAUSING A FEW PROBLEMS ON A COMMERCIAL DISPLAY FRIDGE,BASICALLY THE COMPRESSOR WILL NOT RUN EVEN WHEN INDICATION LIGHT IS ON.YOU CAN HEAR RELAY CONTACTS CLICK BUT WHEN YOU GIVE CONTROLLER A GOOD WHACK THE COMP WILL RUN.I SUSPECT DODGY RELAY CONTACT BUT MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS DIFFERENT,THANKS

Andy
25-02-2007, 07:21 PM
:confused: HI,I HAVE A ELIWELL UNIT WHICH IS CAUSING A FEW PROBLEMS ON A COMMERCIAL DISPLAY FRIDGE,BASICALLY THE COMPRESSOR WILL NOT RUN EVEN WHEN INDICATION LIGHT IS ON.YOU CAN HEAR RELAY CONTACTS CLICK BUT WHEN YOU GIVE CONTROLLER A GOOD WHACK THE COMP WILL RUN.I SUSPECT DODGY RELAY CONTACT BUT MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS DIFFERENT,THANKS

I would change the controller, the contacts on the relay seem to be burnt.
Kind Regards Andy:)

terelan
25-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi.Just change it for peace of mind. you will probably get a call next week saying the same problem is back. Good luck.IF in doubt get it out.

KCDOMAPPS
25-02-2007, 11:40 PM
THANKS GUYS,ALL I NEED TO KNOW NOW IS WHERE I CAN GET ONE AT SHORT NOTICE WITH A FAST TURNROUND.ANY IDEAS?:eek:

Brass Monkey
26-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi
If the compressor supply feed/current is being carried by the contacts within the controller it may be an idea to have the controller power up an external relay and take the supply feed for the compressor thru that relay. Therefore if the compressor draws high amps, greater than the rated current of the new wired in relay and burns the contacts out you can throw the cheap relay away and not have replace the more expensive controller.

Peter.

a1onetimeagain
26-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Get one fro Thermfrost Cryo 020 8655 7600 about £20 should sort you out.

KCDOMAPPS
26-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks Chaps Have Now Sorted The Situation,appreciate Your Help.