PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 19XR Centrifs

wkd
18-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Visiting a job next week suffering from impellers smashing up,very costly.Has anyone experienced this before on these chillers I suspect it is surge but there are a few other symptoms that manifest themselves as surge also.Any input would be greatly appreciated.I am sorry I can't give anymore info than this as I haven't visited site yet.Hope you guys can help.
WKD

absrbrtek
19-02-2007, 12:58 AM
This is most likely a surge related crash. Probably chewed up the pads in the Kingsbury thrust.

Cofreth
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Yup, might probably due to poor lubrication too, thus abnormal wear on the thrust bearings shim that cause excessive clearance that cause the impeller to smash against volute wall.

abdulazman
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Factors contributing to surge symptoms;
Low surge.
High Surge.
NC in the system.
Guide vane operation.

mshakeel45
25-06-2008, 08:16 PM
why oil migration in 19xr centrifiu. chiller in stand by chiller.if anybody have knowlage please reply me. thanks.

serviceman
13-11-2009, 03:42 PM
OIL MIGRATION STOP THE MACHINE IS DUE TO RETURN TO THE OIL SOLENOID NOT TO CLOSE DURING, another reason to break the EDUCTOR DRIVE IS THAT THE OIL WILL NOT WORK

serviceman
13-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Oil migration stop the machine is due to return to the oil solenoid not close during the stop, otherwise that break the drive is that the oil eductor not work

goshen
14-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Visiting a job next week suffering from impellers smashing up,very costly.Has anyone experienced this before on these chillers I suspect it is surge but there are a few other symptoms that manifest themselves as surge also.Any input would be greatly appreciated.I am sorry I can't give anymore info than this as I haven't visited site yet.Hope you guys can help.
WKD
Hi there most probably this is caused by surge !!!very rarley it could happen during power problems when u have very short dips or shorts upstream.
personaly i would check surge conditiones meaning water temp and load
good luck!!:rolleyes:

iceman007
19-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi there most probably this is caused by surge !!!very rarley it could happen during power problems when u have very short dips or shorts upstream.
personaly i would check surge conditiones meaning water temp and load
good luck!!:rolleyes:

The 19XR doesn't tolerate condenser water temps at part load that are too high and will part load surge. The CW temps are run lower than the low pressure machines. The 19XR can tolerate lift of 16dC in theory, but at part load say 60% I've seen them surge at 26 dC condenser water into the vessel. Make sure your flow rates are good and as per design as well. If you are smashing impellers, then it will probably be as a result of extended surge, or possibly poor lubrication as mentioned. For oil migration, the pnly practical way to get the oil back if you are short cycling and pumping it to the cooler is to bridge out the discharge superheat transducer and run the machine for the day. Monitor it VERY carefully and you should get your oil back.

alan wolf
16-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Hello Members

Would anyone have a parts list for 19XR compressor so I can select parts for a rebuild.

Thanks Alan
alanwwolfy1@hotmail.co.uk

iceman007
16-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Hello Members

Would anyone have a parts list for 19XR compressor so I can select parts for a rebuild.

Thanks Alan
alanwwolfy1@hotmail.co.uk

Which frame are you referring to. I have all the parts lists, but they are different depending on the fram type of the chiller. Alternatively send me the full model number and I can identify the cooler and condenser size and get the frame id off that.

Cheers

sedgy
27-08-2010, 01:57 PM
much valuble imformation as above , but I am suprised no one mensioned daybree from the evap being sucked up , question , how many times has the centriff been stripped down? how many times has the suction elbow been removed ? has the suctionopening on the evap ALLWAYS been covered? how many screws have fallen into the evap?
do modern centriffs have a wire mesh inserted to stop items hitting the impella? what is the rpm of the impell
?

goshen
27-08-2010, 02:20 PM
much valuble imformation as above , but I am suprised no one mensioned daybree from the evap being sucked up , question , how many times has the centriff been stripped down? how many times has the suction elbow been removed ? has the suctionopening on the evap ALLWAYS been covered? how many screws have fallen into the evap?
do modern centriffs have a wire mesh inserted to stop items hitting the impella? what is the rpm of the impell
?
Hi sedgy :
that is a deffinete yes ,all the units we took apart had a wire mesh !trane & carrier
when a screw is left in the system, the first item to be hit would be the guide vane,even if it was totaly open, a debree hit is quite distinctive,after a surge condition that trashes the impelors you see the markings, on the sides of the impeller housing .:eek:

sedgy
27-08-2010, 07:32 PM
hi goshen,
it was just a thought , I was dreaming of years long past, working on westinghouse centrifs, in the days before lectric was invented < we had to work in candle light< lol
keep up the good work ,sedgy,