PDA

View Full Version : all frozen up

booboo
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
:confused: Hi every one.
this is my first time so please be gentle. I just install a copeland seimi hermic compressor for a freezer. this is a o&m replacment the old unit had 13# of r22 in it the new unit would only take 8#. the only thing that i changed was the condencing unit. i have bubbles in the sight glass and when i try to add the rest of the charge i get freeze up on the suction side king valve
my super heat is 12-18deg the system super heat is 40-45deg (temp at the suction king valve) the cabinet is holding a -5deg temp which is what i want.
am i ok.:o

Brian_UK
10-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi BooBoo and welcome to the forum.

You say that you have installed a new compressor then go on to say that you 'only' changed the condensing unit.

If you changed the condensing unit then perhaps the system charge size has changed.

Maybe the charge that you took out was 4lbs over weight.

NoNickName
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
If adding refrigerant increases subcooling and causes freezing on the suction side of compressor, then it probably means that the condensing pressure is too low, and now the condensing unit is too big.

booboo
11-01-2007, 01:03 PM
thanks for the replys. this was a replacement of a blown compressor. ireplaced the whole comdencing unit with the condencer. this was o&m. i found the problem. it was the king valve on the compressor head. it was almost closed all the way. i didn't think to check that because i always use the service valve on the receaver. ifeel very dumb right now, but very happy i found it. again thanks for the replys

Brian_UK
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Say no more.............

Glad it is solved.