PDA

View Full Version : Is this OK to do myself?

Jim Cdub
23-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Folks
I am new to this forum and could do with a bit of advice. My office has got three Daikin air conditioning units. One of them is so dirty inside that dust and dirt is falling out of the unit onto my colleagues desk. It appears the filter cassette in it is blocked up. Is it a simple one for one replacement that I can do myself?

the number on the machine is 2004 1400950 FCQ7187V2B

many thanks and Happy Christmas

Jim

Latte
23-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Jim,

I wish more people were like you although the company accountant would not aggree. Filters should be cleaned at least 4 times a year, more if in dusty conditions.
Simply switch the unit off, depending on model either lift the cover and slide the filters out or just slidge the filters out and wash out. Dry and refit. Not only does it get rid of dust but is improves the performance and will use a lot less electricity.

Regards

Fatboy

Brian_UK
23-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi Jim,

As our Fatboy says yes clean them yourself but with the usual 'elf and safety comments.

Please do not fall off the certified step ladder that you will be using as the paperwork that follows the accident at work is just so horrendous it's untrue.;)

Beware that the dust and dirt collected by the filter will be quite unpleasant so do not breath it in if at all possible.

If you can get a vacuum cleaner nozzle around the unit as well then so much the better.

Also do not poke anything inside the unit, things can break in there.

Enjoy your Christmas..

Jim Cdub
24-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Thanks for this folks. Its not a thing I relish doing, but the chances of getting a "fixer" out over Christmas seems slim. Is there an "on line" manual somewhere on the net!?
cheers
Jim

Josip
24-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi, Jim Cdub :)

Thanks for this folks. Its not a thing I relish doing, but the chances of getting a "fixer" out over Christmas seems slim. Is there an "on line" manual somewhere on the net!?
cheers
Jim

Check here:

http://www.daikineurope.com/products/commercial_office_spaces/one_room/4wayblow_ceiling_mounted/items/fcq-b.jsp

Best regards, Josip :)