PDA

View Full Version : Integral Multideck reliability

West One
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
We are looking to specify integral multidecks on a retail rollout. Approximately 150 units in 1 and 2m runs. The client has run a trial using Pastor Frigor Kleo units although this has only run for a few weeks and hence does not give a indication of longevity.

I would be very interested to hear of any experience anyone might have in relation to the reliability of these cabinets - I understand that they are manufactured by Pastor Frigor in Slovakia rather than Italy.

Also I would be intersted to hear views on alternative manufacturers and their reliability - Jordao, Norpe etc.

In anticipation, many thanks.

Electrocoolman
07-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Hello West One,
Could I ask "why integral units"?
Is this due to site restrictions?

My experience of any integral unit is that they are a 'pain' to work on....they maximise retail space and minimise access for the equipment and engineer!
They are normally single phase and thus power surges due to startup currents can be a problem, especially with the number of cabinets you are talking about.
Compressors do not seem to last very long especially as the condensers get clogged very quickly in a retail environment with fluff, everything then overheats.

I know that there are some integrals where the compressor (horizontal type) and condenser are top mounted...I presume to get round problem of access and fluff, but I have no experience of these. This also allows a 'low front' design aspect.

The heatload generated in to the store will be tremendous...need to get rid of this somehow. Units will work harder due to higher ambients...most cabinets only rated for 25degC.

What about the NOISE aspect...havent heard a quiet integral yet!

Much better to go for multiplexed remote cabinets. Minimal number of ends = less wasted space. Have read that some continental stores use small packs on the shop floor to serve several cabinets. Small footprint, less pipework and refrigerant. Presume these are then ducted to get rid of heat, and enclosed/soundproofed. Saves the cost of separate plantroom, lots of copper etc.

The only 'advantage' I can see is when one unit breaks down, the store only loses one small cabinet, rather than a complete run, but you can still multiplex cabinets and have separate refrigeration units to minimise this problem.

Any more thoughts from anyone?

Regards, Adrian.

West One
14-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks Adrian,

To clarify, the cabinets will be used across multiple sites - 2 or 3 units at each site. I am most interested in the reliability of cabinets from different manufacturers. Pastor Frigor v's Norpe v's Jordao etc.

Regards,

West One

Deltamale
13-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Can I suggest Costan cabinets, they are tried and tested (IFF / Co-ops/ Sainsburys etc.) supply has been poor over recent years but it is a lot better now! It's a well built cabinet, certainly compared to many we have sold recently ie the ones you've mentioned.

Simon

Andy W
22-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I hope Costan relaibilty has improved, they were rubbish, eating compressors, leaking vapouriser lines filling systems with water and leaking evaporators. I stopped working on them about 3 years ago. Now adays everything is cost orientated, Pastor Frigo seem popular, cheaply put together as are most of the other makes, we used to use a lot of Arneg Italian and Portuguese, no better or no worse than other brands. I have heard that Husky are quite cheap but again I have heard they are prone to gas leakage.

Peter_1
23-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Tasselli (ISA Group) , Linde, Carrier (Electrolux), Koxka (you see this often in Belgium),