PDA

View Full Version : IKK Nurnberg

Andy P
19-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Hello from Nurnberg. Anyone else at IKK? What do you think of it?

cheers

Andy P

Andy
20-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi AndyP:)

Hi from Nurenburg:) The show is quite good, but the city is even better:) Nice mix of old and new

Andy P
20-10-2006, 09:56 PM
The show is quite good, but the city is even better:) Nice mix of old and new

I agree - I'd rather spend a week there than any UK convention centre site. Next time I'll check with you in advance whether you're going!!

I liked the new Alfa stainless PHE - but they still need to make 'em bigger:D

cheers

Andy P

Andy
21-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi AndyP:)
Good show:) I'm told it is cheaper to have a stand at IKK than the RAC, the only differance is the plane flights, for me it's as cheap and easier to travel to and in Germany.
I flew out of Dublin, to Franfurt and took a direct high speed train to Nurnburg from the airport, stepped off the train and almost directly onto the underground, which stopped right beside the show. Try that anywhere in the UK other than London:D

I seen a few interesting products.
A transcritical R744 chiller with Bock compressors, new Danfoss magnetic drive expansion valves and heat recovery.

A semi screw pack for supermakets from JE Hall on inverters (they say a mono-screw has a wider range on inverter and less losses at slow speeds).

Half of China was there selling us back our copper in very light gauge rolls:D and a very smart little heat exchanger from a company in China, plastic body with titainium coil inside, ever lasting, with possibilities for heat recovery and oil cooling

I also seen a very neat inverter control system for compressors and condensing units. No pack controller needed, the drive controls everything on pressure and calls in extra compressors using it's auxillary output relays, very simple compared to the systems we build

Spent a while looking for 200mm motorised valves on ammonia, found out Herl has them off the shelf (when did Herl get taken over by Parker/RS/Sporlan:confused: )
Tyco valves by Herl:confused: nearly as bad as York:D

Sabroe had a reasonable stand, to be honest I was surprised how well the Frick unit looked, some work in progress I would say

Vilter was there with their first Euro built unit, paint still sticky:) no cool compression unit on the stand yet, which in my opinion is there way into the European market.

I spend sometime, but not enough in Hall 1 (we also build cold stores) the doors an trim are making big advances, (we use a German door Coolit). Seen a neat solution for small rooms, hanging storage racks that roll in and out for access (win, win situation, more space and less energy used for refrigeration).

Also back loaders cabinets, (now why has this not taken off in the UK), similar refrigeration running costs, better quality, better presented goods, less labour to stock and easy cleaned :)

AndyP are you going to the RAC, we are possibly going to take a stand there.

Kind Regards Andy:)

Andy P
21-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Andy,

My travel was Edinburgh-Frankfurt and then train to Nuremberg: this worked fine but I discovered when I arrived that Air Berlin fly direct Glasgow/Nuremberg:(

We've used quite few of the Danfoss ICM valves recently - excellent product. I agree with you on the Vilter pack - for Americans selling in the UK is really difficult (seems to me that it costs a £ here to buy what you get for a $ there). Cool compression gives them a possible toehold.

Herl has been part of Parker for just over a year: Fred Herl passed away in September 2004 and his family sold the company to Parker in 2005. The same people are generally still there so as takeovers go I don't think its in the same league as York/JCI;) AWP bought by GEA is another one to watch - but Grasso use a lot of AWP product on their packs so this seems like a positive move too.

I hope to get to Birmingham in Feb - even better rail link from the airport than Nuremberg!!

cheers

Andy P

US Iceman
21-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Vilter was there with their first Euro built unit, paint still sticky...

Some things never change.:o Sigh...