PDA

View Full Version : Pre-install boxes

Peter_1
19-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Who has already used these pre-install boxes and what your experiences?
We need to make a quote for a new building (bricks inside) and all the copper lines and drains need to be installed before the final finish.
Can the copper be installed easily in the plastic box?

Picture can be seen on
http://www.vanderbeke.com/aspvanderbeke/idve002.asp?idgroepmerk=804

PS: Just a nice music playing on my PC, Scissor Sisters, I don't feel like dancing.

nicolacozma
20-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi Peter,

There is not difficult to install this pre-installed boxes. Generally who install the boxes and who make (brake the wall) the chanel in the wall is the construction company. You must only to sign on the walls where do you want to put it.
For the drain line I always used plastic pipe with bends and T connection. For do not have water leaks I ever use a glue for plastic material.
A special attention you have to pay when connect the drain pipe with the boxes in order to avoid the leaks. Some boxes have already into the kit an O-ring for this.
I will send you some foto with this type of boxes.
Is not at all difficult to cut the plastic of the boxes, it's a piece of cake.

Best regards,
Nicola

Clivo
20-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Peter

I have worked in Spain for some time and the spanish use these pre install boxes all the time, the main problem is the condensate drain line must have a fall which can be a problem when the construction company fits the pre install boxes for the following reasons

1. the person who installs the pipe and makes good the wall afterwards is usualy a labourer and will not allways understand the need for the correct fall (I worked on one last week that actually went uphill !)

2. The connection to the drain must have some form of trap to stop any smell comming back to the unit, most of the preinstall boxes dont have a trap.

As for the copper connections there is not allways enough room in the box to make the connections and to get the unit to fit flush to the wall without restricting the pipework and drain lines we normaly have to cut bits out of the wall bracket to get it to fit well.

The best way we have found is to use Lockring fittings to make the copper connections as you dont need much room to make the joint.

All in all the boxes are a good Idea but if I had the choice I would only work on the ones I fit myself.

Peter_1
20-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Both thanks for your input.

Temprite
21-10-2006, 05:13 AM
G'day Peter.

Forgive my ignorance. but could you not just install the pipe work inside the wall cavity(assuming their is one) or inside a channel made by the company constructing the building, prior to completion.Flares could be connected at back of unit.

Might be missing something but I cant see the point of the boxes.

Are they designed to connect straight to waste water?