PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration and Environment

winfred.dela
08-10-2006, 08:32 AM
To all:

This is my first thread after a month of posting. Please bear with me.
I hope I will hear from most of you about your opinion on the relationship of REFRIGERATION to our ENVIRONMENT.

First . . .
I would like to thank RE Forum for a nice first month of stay & posting.
A month ago I have been trying to find a GRAM compressor parts supplier when GOOGLE lead me to your Forum thread: gram compressor.
I register, post some thread, make me stay a couple of days then weeks and now am stuck: already an addict that needs to have as much dose of RE Forum as possible.

My wonderful first month stay makes me believe that Westerners are also a hospitable race. Now, we Filipinos cannot claim that we are the most hospitable people.

Second . . .
I hope this thread will merit postings not only from Posters but as well as Lurkers (80% per Webram under thread: GREAT SITE).

Third . . .
To be able to share my passions - Refrigeration & Enviroment, am quoting from my email to sesUSA (also a nice Forum but not as popular and hospitable as RE Forum).
I also have learned this website thru RE Forum: http://www.sesusa.org/ (http://www.sesusa.org/). Hope you will also pay THEM a visit.

Here’s a part of my email to sesUSA . . .

In 2001, I become involved in various Environmental groups. For five years, I have read a lot on Environmental Engineering and was convinced that Refrigeration practitioners have done a lot in damaging our environment. Since then, I started reading about Stirling cycle that uses helium as refrigerant. To learn more about Stirling, I even accepted a pro bono maintenance work in a local Liquid Nitrogen Plants with Stirling refrigeration system.

Refrigeration system using Natural Refrigerant should be marketed vigorously not only in very rich countries but also to our part of the world. Lately, I have been very active marketing refrigeration system using Ammonia (a natural refrigerant)
. . . .

In my humble way, I believe I can also contribute in minimizing & correcting the Environmental damaged done by the Refrigeration industry.

I hope this will be enough reason to be admitted to your group . . .

Finally . . .

I hope that refrigeration practitioners like me will eventually be passionate with environmental concerns.
I hope also that i have touched the environmental conscience of some of our members & guests.

Sincerely Yours
Winfred.Dela :)

US Iceman
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I would say that for your first thread you did very well.:)

I'll come back soon and add some of my thoughts.

Well done.

Brian_UK
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Winfred, I think that most of us are concerned about our environment and what we can do to preserve it.

I also think that most, if not all, have an uphill struggle to promote the best for our world. Unfortunately the people who make the decisions are generally accountants and not engineers (generic term) so the short term gain is their vision.

When someone can convince the people with purchasing power that they must, repeat must, take a long term view and an educated view with regard to the environment then things will start to improve.

I believe that the West is driven by money first and will continue to do so for some time.

Sorry, going to stop now I'm beginning to ramble ;)