PDA

View Full Version : HM Forces Contract

bernard
21-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Can anyone please tell me who has the Uk armed Forces contract for Refrigeration repairs in the uk.

Regards Bernard

Brian_UK
21-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I think that you'll find Bernard that the MoD farms out these contracts to different contractors depending on the region covered.

Then again, some of the main contractors probably sub the work out yet again.

In my area for example there are two contractors covering some of the RAF and Army sites, one for each service.

Some names that I know are...
Sodexho, Alfred McAlpine, there's someone else based in Exeter but I can't remember their name....I'll have a dig around and come back.

rbartlett
22-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Sodexho are a catering company one of the main defence contractor is Serco

http://www.serco.com/markets/defence/index.asp

Cheers

Richard

bernard
22-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi and Thanks

Bernard

Andy W
23-09-2006, 07:14 PM
The contract is usually given to a building services company who are based on site to do everything from unblocking the toilets to repairing and installing fridge and air con equipment.

I have had dealings with MITIE maintenance, Dodds, Serco, CGS and many more whose names have slipped my mind.

They usually have a 2 year contract at the end they are replaced and it is left with who ever takes over if to retain the staff and the sub contractors. My work was on a few of the RAF sites.

bernard
24-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks Andy

I seen a job advertised through an agency offering 26K, do they normally pay overtime as well.

Bernard

Andy W
25-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks Andy

I seen a job advertised through an agency offering 26K, do they normally pay overtime as well.

BernardThere own guys were usually on a salary, us sub contractors got paid overtime but the rates were always agreed before they used you.

bernard
25-09-2006, 08:33 AM

Bernard

NoNickName
25-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Mitie is maintaining a job site in Nottingham (a gas utility company) with some of our CCUs.
I'm not at all impressed so far.

rbartlett
25-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Mitie is maintaining a job site in Nottingham (a gas utility company) with some of our CCUs.
I'm not at all impressed so far.

With Mitie ?

Cheers

Richard

Brian_UK
25-09-2006, 10:42 PM
As regards overtime, I think thatt he companys try and restrict site working to normal daytime hours.

Any overtime would have to be an emergency and not normal maintenance working time.