PDA

View Full Version : Ammonia Liquid Pumps

nh3wizard
05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Has anyone had any experiances good or bad with Teikoku pumps?:confused:

winfred.dela
05-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I believe these ammona pumps are quite durable. Have seen a lot of old ones installed in land and boats and still running. Have installed six units early last year and no problem till now. :)

bruceboldy
05-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I have used the Teikuku pump for over 10 years. I have used them in standard refrigeration ammonia and ***** recir systems and in special application transfer .

The units have performed very well in everything I have done. In fact I do not think I have ever had a failure.

I am sure there are a few problems, but they have been very dependable for me and the office is normally easy to work with ..

hope this gives you that warm and fussy feeling.....

bruce boldy

nh3wizard
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
hope this gives you that warm and fussy feeling.....

bruce boldy

Thought I was going to die laughing, I use the same "Giving me the warm and fuzzys"

Thanks for the info

US Iceman
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
I believe these are the standard pumps being used by RVS for the recirc. packages. Since they sell quite a few of these I bet they have been very well researched before being implemented into a factory package.

Personally, I have not used any of them. All of my experience has been with Cornell, Hansen, Viking, and the old York "IT" pumps.

nh3wizard
05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats my experiance also, but a contractor we deal with is starting to push these pumps, so I was just trying to get some information on them. Thanks Mike

US Iceman
05-09-2006, 04:08 PM
...but a contractor we deal with is starting to push these pumps,...

Now that's interesting. Why would they be starting to "push" a pump? Prices, delivery, marketing gimmick, or solving problems?

Most the refrigerant pumps are OK in my book. The biggest problems I have seen is... nobody pays enough attention to NPSH (required and available), the pumps are oversized too much, or the hand expansion valves are too far open.

A new pump manufacturer will not makes these problems go away.

Switching to new pumps is too much like the "flavor of the month" if you know what I mean!:rolleyes:

nh3wizard
05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Now that's interesting. Why would they be starting to "push" a pump? Prices, delivery, marketing gimmick, or solving problems....

...Switching to new pumps is too much like the "flavor of the month" if you know what I mean!:rolleyes:

They are probably getting a good price...(for now), so they are the flavor of the month.

We use Cornell for the most part, a few Hansens here and there

US Iceman
05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
OK, the price may be lower so you save a few bucks right? However, if the pumps are changed you have to write new SOP's and revise the training and all of the other PSM requirements.

By the time you get done do you really save anything?

Parts are different, manuals, etc. I'm not sure if this is something I would sign up for. I'm sure the new pumps are OK. I would question the motive however.

But, if the plant was a new one, then it wouldn't matter so much.

From an owners point of view I always tend to take a long term view of cost savings, not the immediate cash in pocket syndrome.

I'm getting a little off topic from your original question, but did want to offer some comments on some other areas I would also consider.