PDA

View Full Version : Split unit (Recommendations)

Smokey
24-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi, I've been out of the A/C game for a large number of years, back in the days of R12 and R22. We had multi stage compressors controlled by cambwheels and wheaststone bridges (if anyone remembers those) Anyway, I would like your advise on choosing some equipment to have installed. Is there any marked difference between the quality of Mitsubishi Electric or Heavy Ind ?
What are LG multi split inverter unit like for reliability ?
Any others that you prefer/why ?
Is there any real advantage in R410a over R407a apart from unit size ?
Sorry to ask so many questions on my firet post and thanks for reading it.:)

Brian_UK
25-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Smokey.

What are LG multi split inverter unit like for reliability ? I would suggest that you do a search on this site for LG and then make up your own mind; we are a little biased on here about them I believe.

Is there any real advantage in R410a over R407c apart from unit size ?R410a is the newer, more long term product so I would suggest following that route.

gwilliamson
25-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Mitsi Heavy is cheaper but very hard to get hold of splits at the moment as i have found out today!! Happy days....

Andy W
25-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Save your self a load of grief and avoid LG, as tempting as they maybe..........leave well alone.

I now adays use all Fujitsu, the only thing I dislike about them is the air handler is quite large and bulky compared to others, I intend to try some Samsung very shortly.

If you want quality, Daikin takes some beating, I have not seen any prices for Daikin for some years but I do beleiv ethey are more affordable now. Does any one know the prices of the cassettes and wall mounts by any chance, would love to know how they DO compare nowadays.

Smokey
25-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the advise. I will do a search. The only other forum I use has no search, so did not think of it. (Old age creeping up:D ) Cheers.;)

frank
26-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Does any one know the prices of the cassettes and wall mounts by any chance

Sure do but we are each given different trade discounts so a price I may post could be well different from someone elses :D

Better to keep it close to the chest rather than post and upset someone not on the same discount ;)

Suffice it to say that the current prices are on a par with the nearest competitors

Smokey
26-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Is there an echo, echo, echo on this thread :D

frank
26-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Seems like the old 'puter had a mind of it's own then :p

Wondered what all that clicking was while i was typing :rolleyes:

Good old Microsoft. :(