PDA

View Full Version : ......so i went and brought a darel a/c

marklones
12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
just been and brought a darrel a/c unit for my house only to find the manual is in every language but english. I plan to fit the unit myself i am a maint eng but have no experience with a/c basicaly my question is do i have a pope in hell of fitting it myself will be pre gassed (how do i tell) will 1200btu be enough to cool your average 3bed semi

thanks for looking and your help
mark

slingblade
13-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Q. Pre gassed or not? A. dont know, never heard of darel before. usually split units are pre gassed but you will not know untill you attach guages after putting in the pipework. 12000 btu for a 3 bed semi {LOL} try 12000 btu for 1 bedroom.

raver
02-10-2006, 04:22 PM
just been and brought a darrel a/c unit for my house only to find the manual is in every language but english. I plan to fit the unit myself i am a maint eng but have no experience with a/c basicaly my question is do i have a pope in hell of fitting it myself will be pre gassed (how do i tell) will 1200btu be enough to cool your average 3bed semi

mark
brought 1 myself have u had any luck fitting it yet?

Abe
02-10-2006, 05:40 PM

mark

A 12 000 btu will not cool a house. It will cool one room
And I would not advise you to try attempt fit it yourself

gopi5656
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
You must need a luck