PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Decos III operation

gjcutts
19-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Hi Brains trust. Is anyone familiar with the operation of the DECOS III Daikin refer controller.
I have a container/ reefer that i have now operational after low gas situation. Unit works fine pulls temp to the set point, but wont shut down/ stop.
It continues to vary the suction modulating valve, eev, and coil temps to keep operating at set point/ within range.
The DECOS III service manual gives some limited operating conditions when used at a set point temperature above -10'c and appears that it never stops, if my interpretation is correct, and if run below -10'c the compressor will stop when reaches set point. (not that i have had time to run it as a freezer)
Client says unit seems to never turned off and is reflecting that in their electricity consumption!
Any feedback experience would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Graham

Daikin Reefer LXE10E-A15A

seanf
19-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Could you run it on the "Emergency Operation" and have some way to switch the power on and off using a external thermostat.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2006958/Daikin-Lxe10e-A14.html?page=143#manual

Or

Could you leave it to run as normal. But rig up a external thermostat set to the required temperature, that is used to switch the controller into and out off "Overcool protection". By switching the temperature sensor input over to a false reading, so it thinks its 3 DegC below set point.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2006958/Daikin-Lxe10e-A14.html?page=25#manual

Or

Could you fit your own controller.

gjcutts
23-10-2023, 07:27 PM
Hi Seanf, thanks for the reply. Looks like its the way its supposed to be. I think will make up a timer/ relay to operate off the "in range light" circuit. When reaches within setpoint range, times out, operate a multi contact relay to drop out compressor, cond fan and liquid solenoid. When temp rises within range will de-energise and restart. Just not sure how this may affect the defrost of same. Anyway wont take much to do this and see what happens.
Thanks Graham

seanf
23-10-2023, 09:33 PM
Could that cause the controller to think theres a fault and stop the unit from restarting?

For defrost, is there a manual defrost digital input into the controller you could use along with another timer?

gjcutts
23-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Will try and see what happens. Just a pity time has to be invested into reinventing the wheel. Daikin at their complicated best.

gjcutts
30-10-2023, 03:19 AM
DECOS update, i fitted two relays to the controller. There is a switched relay output on the terminal board (no 25 i think) which becomes energized when the in range lamp is on. I used this contact to switch a multi pole relay to open the circuit to the following, Compressor, condenser fan and liquid line solenoid outputs. When the temp fell outside(de-energized) the circuit closed and refrigeration resumed, i would have liked to fit a cycle timer delay, but didn't have one at the time to do so..
I fitted a second relay across the defrost solenoid valve which in turn de-energized the "cycling relay" and allowed normal defrost sequence. This has seemed to work and at this stage no operational issues.
Thank You