PDA

View Full Version : Condenser inlet is too big?

kay86
31-03-2023, 06:58 PM
Hello! I've noticed my 350W condenser have huge inlet, like 8mm OD. I cannot fit 8mm and I don't dare swaging it because the thickness appears to be already too thin, even if the thing is rated for 300+ PSI. I think I'm supposed to fit the 5mm OD tube because it's the correct size for the compressor's discharge but how am I going to fit a 5mm OD in that huge inlet? I would have to put a lot of brazing, but wouldn't it make for a weak joint? I thought I studied that the gap must not be too wide, just enough to have a capillary effect that coats the inside of the joint. So what gives?

seanf
31-03-2023, 07:16 PM
A reducer, if you can get one that goes from 8 to 5 mm. Have one made?

Make your own reducer with a series short length of pipe increasing/decreasing in diameter, expanding the pipe if needed or to try and reduce the number of steps.

Or a rough method, crimp the edge of the 8mm pipe at one point around the 5mm pipe. Probably want to heat the 8mm pipe up first though.

I guess it depends on if it needs to look good or if its just an experiment.

kay86
01-04-2023, 12:43 AM
Sorry I was being an idiot. Actually if I push a little the 8mm does fit pretty snuggly. No swedging required :)

Huston
19-04-2023, 02:26 AM
You are right that the gap should not be too wide. However, you can bridge the gap between the 8mm OD tube and the 5mm OD tube with a reducer fitting. This would allow you to make a secure connection without risking weakening the joint. Additionally, you may need to apply flux to ensure that the brazing process properly seals the joint. How to make a chat app (https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-a-messaging-app) 1. Choose a platform: Decide what platform you want to use to create your chat app, such as Android, iOS, or web. 2. Design the user interface: Create a user interface for your chat app that is easy to use and intuitive. 3. Choose a messaging protocol: Select a messaging protocol such as XMPP or WebSocket to enable communication between users. 4. Implement the backend: Create a backend for your chat app that handles authentication, user management, and messages. 5. Add features: Add features such as chat rooms, file sharing, and notifications to make your chat app more interactive and engaging. 6. Test and deploy: Test your chat app thoroughly and deploy it to a hosting provider.

kay86
21-04-2023, 01:30 AM
Hi Houston, thanks for your reply. I believe some brazing rods have the flux around them, expecially the high silver content ones used in refrigeration, am I correct?

Peter_1
21-04-2023, 08:07 AM
Your acid flux will enter inside the tubes contaminating the refrigerant... use silphos rods.
Cut a small end pipe as in your 1st picture, insert it in the condenser and the insert your 2nd smaller pipe in this small end.