PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RSXYP5KJY1 VRV Fan Motor Problem R407

Contactor
12-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Good Morning

We changed a compressor, fan motor, control board and inverter board on a Daikin RSXYP5KJY1 R407

It's tripping on E0 which is fan motor overheating (not compressor or pressure related), motor does get very hot.

Single phase fan motor, we didn't change the capacitor because previous fan was running OK.

Can anyone help to diagnose this as faulty new part? Compressor runs OK, no faults showing on new board or inverter board before it trips on E0!?

We decided to change a few parts while the compressor was out.

Thanks

CONTACTOR

frank
12-02-2023, 02:04 PM
The E0 error can relate to a number of items, not just the fan motor

E0 – Outdoor unit protection devices activated – The refrigerant piping system could be clogged, there may be insufficient refrigerant or there could be a fault with the compressor/fan motor.

Contactor
12-02-2023, 06:22 PM
First post could be better written: E0 fault has been traced to overheating fan motor, compressor and HP faults can be ruled out

Fan gets very hot to touch

frank
12-02-2023, 06:36 PM
Well, as the fan has been replaced, first I would make sure that it is the correct replacement model, i.e. like for like, then check running current with an amp probe and also check that the run capacitor that you haven't replaced is within tolerance.
If all these check out, then you may have a faulty unit

Has the refrigerant charge been confirmed as correct?

Contactor
12-02-2023, 11:04 PM
Thank you

Refrigerant charge is ok and it’s the correct part. What I’m struggling with is what could cause a new single phase fan motor to get so hot, it turns slowly for a bit before it cuts out. Can this only be due to a fault within the fan itself ?

If the capacitor was faulty, it wouldn’t start (or run)?

Regards

frank
12-02-2023, 11:21 PM
If the capacitor was faulty, it wouldn;t start (or run)?

Regards
Wrong...search Google

martin102
13-02-2023, 12:46 PM
Have you checked the capacitor? Also check the fan winding resistance, and compare against the other motor

Contactor
14-02-2023, 11:25 PM
Wrong...search Google

Im here to learn, not to search Google. It’s as if you expect everyone to know everything, if they don’t you slap them down, like RE Hitler

Contactor
14-02-2023, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the help Martin. I think it might be me not wiring the capacitor back correctly. Useful info about testing the windings, cheers

ChiefykS
16-02-2023, 08:26 AM
This is the most important thing when you disassemble and change something. Like what I did in every way, once I replaced or disassembled, I always put a label or something that will tell me that this part is connected to or somewhere. Good to hear that it is good now. Cheers mate!