PDA

View Full Version : MHI Indoor unit Cleaning help please

KJJ71
07-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry SRK25 ZMX-S split air conditioning unit.

I regularly clean / replace the filters but it could do with a deep clean. I’ve tried to remove the front to do this but there seems to be something holding it on. It’s loose but I’m afraid of breaking something.

I would really appreciate any help or advice explaining how I can do this please 🙏

Thank you.

Tayters
08-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Just the screws on the bottom then unclip along the back at the top of the unit.
Drip trays tend to come off quite easy on MHI units but for a full on clean then get the fan scroll out too - probably need to get PCB out as well in that case.
Leave it powered off from outside for a few minutes before getting stuck into it, indoor fan holds a voltage which can blow board/fan if unplugged too soon.

Cheers,
Andy.

KJJ71
10-01-2023, 08:07 AM
Just the screws on the bottom then unclip along the back at the top of the unit.
Drip trays tend to come off quite easy on MHI units but for a full on clean then get the fan scroll out too - probably need to get PCB out as well in that case.
Leave it powered off from outside for a few minutes before getting stuck into it, indoor fan holds a voltage which can blow board/fan if unplugged too soon.

Cheers,
Andy.

Thanks Andy,
Much appreciated mate