PDA

View Full Version : Large Danfoss liquid line drier

Brian_UK
02-08-2022, 12:06 AM
Filter capacity over available space?

Any details on the drier?

Rob White
02-08-2022, 08:50 AM

Maybe the last person to put the dryer on only had that one?

Rob

Foggy
02-08-2022, 01:42 PM
Thanks for replying Brian, apart from Danfoss nothing legible.

Foggy
02-08-2022, 01:51 PM
Thanks for reply Rob, that is my assumption too but it does look like very old original equipment. I have very little experience of working on these and just wondered if I was missing something. I am rebuilding with new compressor, drier, solenoid valve, condenser fan etc. so should be good as new once flushed, thoroughly cleaned and new refrigerant. Thanks again.

Rob White
02-08-2022, 04:01 PM

In principle fridge systems do not need a dryer.
Why would there be a need for a filter and a dryer if the system was perfect?
In truth the weakest link to all systems are the people who work on them and I include myself in that list :D

So the dryer is there for a belt and braces backup in the event something was left inside the system that does not belong.

Pressure drop over a good dryer is not an issue so capacity size and possibly storage is a factor?
Is there a liquid receiver and does it have a sight glass? if yes to both then it's not storage.

If it's capacity then somebody in the original design thought a big dryer was the way to go, all that
means is it can take more crap from a crap system before it blocks. A smaller dryer will take less crap.

So the real advantage of the oversized dryer will in my opinion have little effect to the operation to the system.

Rob

mbc
05-10-2022, 12:54 PM
Hi

I think

he used large filter instead liquid receiver plus normal filter