PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30XA Liquid chiller Problems

DimaVLad
22-06-2022, 09:59 AM
Hello,
We have a 30XA0602 Chiller and we after starting it, there are no alarms, unit enters the normal delay sequence and after 2 minutes enters in Override sequence and does nothing. As i said there are 0 alarms.
What this running status called "Override" means, where the problem might be? Are there some sensors/conditions that if there are not meet the Override enters?
Thank you!

Brian_UK
22-06-2022, 02:09 PM
The system could be waiting for a remote stop/start switch or similar control to be set before allowing the start sequence to continue.

Do you have the controls manual to hand?

try http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp

DimaVLad
28-06-2022, 05:52 AM
Thank you so much for the response. The system is Local ON and the remote control connection it's now disconnected but same problem. I saw on other chiller that "override" comes after the system starts and everything it's ok. Maybe it's a main board program start failure. Also if i disconnect a sensor it sees it right away. On remote BMS (building management system) i saw the chiller "Start ON" and "Pump On" but in reality it's off. I tried and replace with another main board but the controller gives me the "access denied error, connection failure". In the manual i don't see how to install a new base board ( 32GB500382EE) and how to match it with the controller (Pro dialog plus Carrier Controller).

DimaVLad
28-06-2022, 06:00 AM
Also if i try to Service test the chiller from the main menu, it says "On" but nothing starts

DimaVLad
19-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Carreri technician with diagnostic tool came to same conclusion as you "Waiting for an remote stop/start". But didn't know what to do next and since was just a "visit" didn't want to help us. I have all documentation but the channels for remote are disconnected, unit in Local On. And as i said before we change with a functional board from a functional chiller and had the same problem with "override".

frank
19-07-2022, 12:54 PM
Have you tried putting a wire link into the remote stop/start terminals

DimaVLad
22-07-2022, 06:00 AM
Yes i tried it, since i replace the MBB with a functional one from another chiller and got the same problem "Start then Override" instead of "Start, Running and then override" i really don't know what to. If i disconnect anything then the system saw it, so all the boards and sensors are checked. I will try next to measure the 24V signals on all the contactors of fans, compressors....