PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Sizing on Multiple Evaporators

Fishtank
28-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys - New member, please go easy on me ;)

I'm doing something a little bit different; I've installed similar systems, but now working for a new employer have been asked to both design and install.

So it's going to be a 150kw cold room; setup will be 2x 75kw systems with 5x 15kw evaporators for each unit. 5C room temp, 10k superheat, TEV & magnetic valve (each with its own controller) on each evaporator & inverter controlled condensing units to control the required load. Total Piperun 35m, and will have an 8m lift (condenser will be lower)

I have a rough idea based on my training and literature online to judge I need 2.1/8" Suction & 7/8" Liquid, and is also the connection coming off the condensers (coincidental), but how do I determine the pipe sizes that lead to each/ evaporator?

So, I'm expecting to use 15kw for my calculation, which gives me 3/4" & 1/2" pipework. Does this sound about right?

Any help is much appreciated :cool:

HwT
28-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Download Danfoss coolselector, it will size the pipes for you ;)

Fishtank
28-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Download Danfoss coolselector, it will size the pipes for you ;)

Great tool - doesn't seem to allow for multiple evaporators though, so whilst it is of help, doesn't provide the full picture

Rob White
29-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys - New member, please go easy on me ;)
I have a rough idea based on my training and literature online to judge I need 2.1/8" Suction & 7/8" Liquid, and is also the connection coming off the condensers (coincidental), but how do I determine the pipe sizes that lead to each/ evaporator?

So, I'm expecting to use 15kw for my calculation, which gives me 3/4" & 1/2" pipework. Does this sound about right?

Any help is much appreciated :cool:

What size are the evaporator pipe sizes?
Also make sure you plan for oil traps and oil return.

Rob

Tycho
29-09-2021, 04:01 PM
answered wrong question :)

Mod feel free to delete this

neckup
28-10-2021, 11:06 AM
I agree with this question
Needs clarification
What size are the evaporator pipe sizes?