PDA

View Full Version : Carrier shipping containers

chillyblue
16-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Hi All

I have 16 Carrier units 69NT40-511-63, they are all static on a site and run permanently at 1 deg C.
The compressor are massively oversized and inefficient, one units compressor has failed and also has a leak on the condenser so I was thinking of putting either a smaller compressor on or a remote condensing unit (something like a J&E hall or Danfoss Optyma cond unit) to run the units.
I'm thinking the output from the controller would feed the control of the new compressor /cond unit to signal start/stop, would this work?.
would this cause the controller any problems with the amps being lower or if I put single phase unit on would it think the compressor is not running due to incorrect current draw though the current sensor?

Alternatively I could fit a different controller and remove the existing controller but would I then have to put some sort of protection on the fans and defrost heaters?

Has anyone else done anything like this?

Regards
Chilly Blue

al
16-09-2021, 04:41 PM
I'd go with an off the shelf freezer control box, wire your heaters and fans through it with an output to your new condensing unit, should work the finest!