PDA

View Full Version : Midea Air Condition Troubleshooting Help Requested.

Noddist
24-06-2021, 12:16 AM
Hello all,

I own a Midea Portable AC 10000 BTU EasyCool Standing Air Conditioner

Bought in August of 2018.

Even out of the box, it sounded like when it was blowing cold air, something was over the fan; kinda like how you hold an air compressor nozzle close to something while its blowing, you get variant sounds of air being blocked by something due to the changing shape of the object the air is hitting. Tried using Google to find out what exactly this...issue is called, but Google seems to be full of very limited options as to what can affect an AC.

So, not being able to find a solution, and the fact that the AC didn't seem to be hampered by this...condition, I did my best to ignore it and enjoy the cool air.

Fast forward to today, and now the AC is blowing out air out of half of the vents provided. Google still has not been helpful. I've been hesitant to open up my AC due to the complete lack of any help with my earlier problem, but now I've got this problem.

I don't know what this problem is called, again due to Google search results limited possibilities for what can trouble an AC.

Any help would be appreciated. At my wit's end.

Thanks for your time.

siodettor
06-08-2021, 06:06 PM
have you solved those issues?

Shigeru
10-08-2021, 03:33 PM
Well, I also have a Midea Portable AC 10000 BTU Easy Cool Standing Air Conditioner. I bought it two years ago, and I have to tell you that it is one of the worst investments in my entire life. Just like you said, even when it was new, it made a peculiar sound, and I could not fix that by any means. Moreover, the filters got filled with dirt pretty quickly. I mean, I had to contact airconservicingsingapore.com (https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/chemical-overhaul/) only after one month of using it. They even used an Aircon Chemical Overhaul, which proved to be a handy thing.

Noddist
13-08-2021, 07:29 AM
have you solved those issues?

Nope. No one replied. Near as I can *guess* I think one of the fans/motors is out. Not that they give you an LED on the machine to tell you that. They made sure to put one there for when it is time to change the filter though.

No idea what part to order or where to order. The apathy on this board has led me to accept that I now have a 70lbs paper weight. Only checked back here on a whim.

Thanks for your time though.

al
13-08-2021, 07:36 PM
Portables are not all that service friendly, any that have failed in warranty i just return, generally time spent diagnosing the issue is futile as bugger all is serviceable on them, on behalf of the forum i humbly apologise for not leaping to diagnose your issue Noddist:)