PDA

View Full Version : New Daikin concealed floor standing AC unit not working properly

Neel1994
23-06-2021, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

One year ago I bought a Daiking concealed ducted AC unit and it was working fine last summer until this summer came around…

The AC turns on, and it will work at full power for about 5 minutes, then the sound from the AC and power just drops right down, there’s hardly any flow of air coming out and the room doesn’t cool down. All of a sudden, it speeds up again, and then you can imagine it’s just a cycle doing the same thing.

When the AC power drops, I check my controller and the fan speed is still on the highest setting, when I move it down, there’s no reduction in the power as I assume the speed is operating at its lowest capacity already…. Toggling between the speeds does nothing and fan speed stays low.

I’d assume I’d need a professional to rectify this, however I’m have grave difficulty contacting the installer who installed it a year ago, and I was wandering if I could get another daikin approved installer to fix the problem. Of course I can, but I’m now worried about my warranty which would be held by my original installer no? Or am I incorrect for saying this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

frank
24-06-2021, 06:59 AM
Is the filter on the back of the unit clean?

Sounds to me that it is going into frost protection mode

Neel1994
24-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the reply frank.

I did crawl behind my apex to check the unit out to see if I could locate any filters, but it is protected by a panel? Would it be safe for me to unscrew the panel?

Also, would you know if it’s okay for me to call another AC tech to inspect the unit, and how would this effect my warranty if there was a fault with the unit?

Kind regards

frank
24-06-2021, 04:29 PM

I did crawl behind my apex to check the unit out to see if I could locate any filters, but it is protected by a panel? Would it be safe for me to unscrew the panel?

I don't know of any A/C units that have inbuilt panels so I think that it is safe to assume that it is just a cover panel and can be removed

Also, would you know if it’s okay for me to call another AC tech to inspect the unit, and how would this effect my warranty if there was a fault with the unit?

If your original installer was Daikin approved then another Daikin approved installer could request that the remaining warranty be transferred. If your original installer was not Daikin approved then I would hazard a guess that you do not have any Daikin warranty - a call to Daikin would clarify things for you.

Kind regards

Neel1994
25-06-2021, 05:20 PM

I don't know of any A/C units that have inbuilt panels so I think that it is safe to assume that it is just a cover panel and can be removed

If your original installer was Daikin approved then another Daikin approved installer could request that the remaining warranty be transferred. If your original installer was not Daikin approved then I would hazard a guess that you do not have any Daikin warranty - a call to Daikin would clarify things for you.

Kind regards

Hi frank,

Had someone around to inspect the unit. Turns out there was low refrigerant and found a leak. Pressurising the system to make sure there’s no more leaks.

But he has so far assumed this is causing the AC to cut out in output, due the the refrigerant leak. He said the leak is triggering the sensors.

Regards

Neel

frank
25-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Looks like you have the original installers to thank for the poor installation and extra costs that you now have :(