PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else build websites on the side?

Markist
21-06-2021, 08:54 AM
People always think of leisure hobbies like playing guitar, baking, but not me. I build website on the side. Anyone has "uncommon" hobbies around here when they're not out there fixing aircond?

Vodefon
29-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Are you doing it from scratch, like programming? Or do you use wix and tilda?
I like organizing things, all is super organized in my property in Greece here (https://tranio.com/greece/) and friends sometimes invite me to their garages to help them organize and properly store things around to make it more functional and have more space

Rtic
29-08-2021, 08:21 PM
I also build websites and programs as a hobby... it is a strange hobby but has served me well for a number of different things. Started with Ruby on Rails many years ago and moved onto Python

Now only deal with Python (& Django); have my own company website built from the bottom up, with a tailor back end DB so I can update prices and details on the fly. Currently, building program for install, project management and maintenance programs.

Have a script for automatic ordering from suppliers based on stock levels both at our workshop and supplier - been great in the past 6 months!

A couple of active forums based on myBB but heavily customised. Some limited knowledge of PHP because of this, but DIY at best. Have a good understanding of CSS though

Genuinely enjoy it. But then again, I am very sad!

al
29-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Impressive Rtic, a very valuable skill set in this day and age.

DurdenJa
20-12-2021, 03:34 PM
I also build websites and programs as a hobby... it is a strange hobby but has served me well for a number of different things. Started with Ruby on Rails many years ago and moved onto Python

Now only deal with Python (& Django); have my https://erasmus-home.com/en/rent-apartment/ljubljana/poker freerolls (https://swcpoker.club/posts/bitcoin-poker-freerolls/all-day-freerolls) own company website built from the bottom up, with a tailor back end DB so I can update prices and details on the fly. Currently, building program for install, project management and maintenance programs.

Have a script for automatic ordering from suppliers based on stock levels both at our workshop and supplier - been great in the past 6 months!

A couple of active forums based on myBB but heavily customised. Some limited knowledge of PHP because of this, but DIY at best. Have a good understanding of CSS though

Genuinely enjoy it. But then again, I am very sad!

I usued to work at erasmus student houses and we created an site where people play poker it was in worpress at the start but later we created a much bigger full customizable aproach

billwee
13-01-2022, 07:34 AM
In fact, there are many free website builders with which you can create a one-page website. I like to use Wordpress more, because registration goes through a google account and good interface, tools. There are many videos on YouTube that explain step by step how to do this.

Willie Mor
17-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Every people has one hobby I like your thinking you don't waste time and surf good hobbies you playing guitar baking but not me but I agree with you. Website builders are great for us in online work.