PDA

View Full Version : Hoshizaki Water Cooled Ice Machine

Northdude
03-06-2021, 10:20 AM
I've got a Hoshizaki water cooled ice machine tripping on HP around 5 seconds after start up. I've only ever dealt with air cooled machines so it's a first for me. The water inlets are all turned on. The machine has been turned off for around 6 month. Does anyone have any ideas what I should check? Thanks in advance

Brian_UK
03-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Okay, so the water inlet is turned on but does any water come out the other end?

Check for water pressure/flow, airlocks, kinked hoses.

[edit] Just looked at a service manual, online, which does advise checking the water inlet filter as well as suggesting that the condenser may need descaling. Are you in a hard water area?

Northdude
06-06-2021, 02:15 PM
Hi Brian, yes there is water coming out the inlets and there are no issues with regard to feed to the machine. There is no filter but it isn’t a hard water area. Maybe there is an air lock in the machine itself just unsure of a way to bleed it. There is also a water flow adjustment part which I’ve never seen before, maybe the issue lies with this? I’ll be going back in the next couple of days so I’ll have a look.
thanks

nike123
11-06-2021, 08:07 PM
I don't think that in 5 seconds it should be tripping on high pressure safety switch. I think that that switch is faulty!
Check switch off pressure on switch and measure high pressure.

Water regulating valve should then be checked and adjusted at 37-40°C of saturated condensation temperature.