PDA

View Full Version : mitsubishi pury-p300yhn-a 7113 fault

andybest
11-05-2021, 11:34 AM
I've got a system with a 7113 fault which i believe is a resistor fault I've been on to mitsubishi spares but they don't make the resistors anymore
does anyone know any alternatives i can use to get the system out of fault

Phil8279
11-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Have you tried ripping it out and installing Sanyo?

andybest
11-05-2021, 11:48 AM
sanyo is the worst kit ive ever worked on

Brian_UK
11-05-2021, 07:01 PM
Have you tried ripping it out and installing Sanyo?
Not a very useful comment from a Mitsi installer.

Tigercat
12-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Do you have a value for the resistor + wattage? Have you put a meter on to check if it is open (or shorted-unlikely)? If you have pic I may be able to help? Even if they are surface mounted components there is no probs swapping them out for normal devices (from electronics shops), depending on space. Also E stores do have surface mount devices and bit of practice pretty easy to re-fit.

Tigercat
12-05-2021, 09:54 AM
Death of resistor =1) V spike, however they will normally handle this in most cases, 2) mechanical failure due to heat if they are high wattage ie. internal mechanical junction break, 3) excessive current draw = something it is feeding is at issue, getting greedy for more amps.

Tigercat
12-05-2021, 11:43 AM
ALL resistors values come in an industry preferred value, ie: standard values. EG preferred resistor values for the 1(K)000 ohm to 2(k)000 ohm range, standard/preferred values = 1k, 1.2k, 1.5k, 1.8k, 2k. no in-between values are made. Except maybe for instruments and v.special equip-specifically made for the device. And this standard is used for all R values above and below the example range All circuit designers keep to preferred values and these are available everywhere. Power rating of resistor is normally defined by physical size. So pwr rating of R can be gauged by physical observation of its size what it is made of, carbon, wire wound, aluminium clad etc. R value does not have to be exact as most can have a tolerance of +/- 10%, so close enough will work.

Can also make up a certain value (for testing purpose) by combining a number of R's in parallel and series. Test R with meter (leave in cct, pwr off, let cct "bleed off due to any caps for a few mins) on ohms.

Also keep in mind capacitors supplied by AC voltage will also exhibit a resistive/reactance effect (capacitive impedance) as this impedance is a function of capacitor "capacity" marked on capacitor in farads and the frequency of the applied voltage...so may have a capacitor issue and not necessary a resistor fault. Because fault sense circuit will be looking for a certain value of current, so both faulty caps and resistors can cause current variations in AC fed systems. DC circuits "see" a capacitor as an open circuit due to zero frequency of applied voltage....