PDA

View Full Version : LEV or Branch Controller problem

spotted
06-03-2021, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

First time posting here. I was sent to a job at a well known hotel with an older VRF Mitsubishi electric system. The indoor FCU that's causing the trouble is a PEFY-P20VMM-E.

Basically there's two of these units in a room. Ones heating and ones just blowing air. I pulled a manual and tested the resistances of the liquid/gas/air on probes, LEV, checked dip switches. Everything seems all good. I also tested the resistances of the LEV against the good unit.

I've tried turning off the other good unit and running it on test mode. Still blowing air no heat.

My question is if the LEV is faulty and its closed running on heating mode. I'm assuming hot gas would flow to the LEV in the indoor from the Branch controller and just stop as it cant pass through?

My gut is telling me that the BC isn't sending anything to the unit.

Cheers

Tayters
08-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Well I'm no expert on these units but from a generic layout of the BC box I have there is a solenoid valve block with one valve per branch which is used in heating and cooling as well as the LEV in the unit.
The valve block you can test for power to the solenoid head, the LEV I thought you can unscrew it from the body (obviously a bit of a strip down to get to that point) then it'll be fully open.
Seem to recall something about resetting the LEV position by disconnecting the MNET and reset power to indoor, it's been a while though...

Cheers,
Andy.