PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Cooling wrong unit

Aryne
17-02-2021, 07:38 AM
Hi!

I am a layman desperate for an answer. I turn on one aircon and it will not cool. I go to the other room and find the aircon that is turned off (not switched on for days) is so cold it has condensation.

I had a professional look at it a week ago. He opened some valves and told us to leave them running until they came good. That seemed to work initially, but now I'm dealing with the problem above.

I can't find any info beyond a blogger telling me to clean the filter. All new units, four in total. The other two units have not had any issues.

Many thanks,

Aryne

Brian_UK
17-02-2021, 09:57 AM
Unit interconnecting piping needs to be checked for correct pairing.

Also electrical wiring including remote controls needs checking.

Tayters
17-02-2021, 08:52 PM
There's more units fitted like that than you'd think, only noticeable when one of them is turned off.

Like Brian says, Unit A inside is piped to A outside but the interconnecting cable goes to B outside. Outdoor unit sees B calling for coolling so that's why it will eventually freeze up.
Get the installing company back to commission it a bit more thoroughly or if your are desperate and competent swap outdoor interconnect of those two units and try each indoor one at a time.
Cheers,
Andy.

martinw58
18-02-2021, 05:29 AM
the interconnecting cables are crossed system a is wired to system b and b to a

Aryne
22-02-2021, 08:36 AM
Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it!

Aryne
22-02-2021, 08:37 AM
Thanks very, very much guys! I will call them up and let them know. You're angels!!