PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Skyair units separation.

Paul Krol
16-02-2021, 07:40 PM
Hi all,
It's nice to find place with so many knowledgeble people.
I have Daikin RZQSG140L7V1B and 2 internal unit FBQ71D2VEB. I have also 2 Madoka controllers.
System is about to be installed soon on two floors in the house, one on the ground and one one the 1st floor.
Is it any way to connect them so only one of the units will be ON and second OFF (whatever I need at the time) and when I need 2 will be ON or OFF.I know they need to be in the same mode.
Thanks
Paul

frank
16-02-2021, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately not Paul.
What you have is called a 'twin split'. That is, 2 indoor units connected to a single outdoor. These type of installations are normally used with both indoor units in the same room, where they can cover a much larger area than a single indoor unit.

On a Daikin twin split, the controller is only connected to 1 indoor unit. If you connect it to both indoor units it will create a fault code.

As you intend to install the system into different rooms on different floors you will have issues.

For best results, the pipework from the branch joint to each indoor unit should be the same length. With only 1 controller fitted, you will encounter indoor temperature control problems with 1 of the rooms, unless they have similar heat loads.

To do the job properly, you should use 2 seperate split systems, a mini vrv system or a multi system, although the multi systems don't go to 140kW