PDA

View Full Version : Trane RTAA 70-125 ton rotary liquid Chiller

ijourneaux
23-12-2020, 04:54 PM
Hello All. Not sure if this is the correct place but if not, point me in the correct direction. I am located in Atlanta, GA and we have a RTAA 70-125ton liquid chiller at our curling club. I am trying to help troubleshoot the controls system as it has a tendency to trip out. Since no one is in the building most of the time, if the trip goes unnoticed for a period of time, we can lose our ice.

First thing I need to do is get a signal out to the team that the chiller has tripped so that someone can come in and reset it. To do that, I need a dry relay closure or signal that I can drive a relay with to give me the signal I need.

Next up is trying to figure out what is causing the trip. At this point I have every limited information but will get that shortly. If I remeber correctly it is a "latch fault 44" but I need to confirm.

We are a non profit community organization and cost is a big driver. We had Trane in a coupel of years ago. It cost us $500 and it did not appear like they were interested in helping us.

I have one of the Trane manuals but it is not very useful.

Appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.

frank
25-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Simplist solution would be to install some sort of third party thermostat that triggers on excessive temp rise where its sensor is monitoring your product