PDA

View Full Version : A2L coldroom

sparkatan
09-12-2020, 08:47 PM
I have a couple of coldrooms to install and am thinking of using A2L R454C but i’m a bit concerned that i may go over the charge limit. Anyone had any experiences doing this and any advice how to get it right?

charlie patt
10-12-2020, 06:15 PM
We have fitted one the one we fitted was a Marstair and was critically charged we told our supplier what puoe length was and they told us the charge it was on r454c

sparkatan
11-12-2020, 10:34 AM
That’s an alarming statement. How do you know this and what ‘awful things’ have you heard about them?

Quality
13-12-2020, 01:24 PM
Their is a lot of scaremongering around the use of A2L refrigerants. There is risk associated with any commercial or industrial process. That is the industry

Fridgetek
17-12-2020, 10:52 AM
This is a very delicate subject but suffice to say I have no gripe with A2L refrigerants or any low GWP refrigerant and in fact any innovation that is helping to save our planet. What i do take umbrage with is individuals or companies that take advantage of a situation for financial benefit rather than the moral aspect of it, but particularly when they knowingly release a product which has not been tested.

sparkatan
18-12-2020, 07:44 PM
Not sure where your other message has gone and can only guess it has been removed, however, i have also heard rumours about the same thing you mention here. I am led to believe questions have been asked about the performance and reliability of these systems currently in operation. Food for thought?