PDA

View Full Version : Recovery tank

Wickfut
20-11-2020, 03:50 PM
If I create a vacuum in this old tank, can I use it to suck out the old refrigerant from a small fridge?

I am very new to this game and have had no training other than some YouTube videos.

monkey spanners
20-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Probably not, those style of tanks have one way valves to prevent refilling. In some countries it is illegal to refill tanks not specifically designed for refilling.

Wickfut
21-11-2020, 12:40 AM
Thank you for the information.

I wonder why they would prevent people from wanting to recover gas by any means possible?

I guess this makes dumping it into the atmosphere a much simpler option.

RANGER1
21-11-2020, 02:13 AM

I wonder why they would prevent people from wanting to recover gas by any means possible?

So if you can recover the refrigerant into this cylinder, then what will you do with it?
This is a single use cylinder, very light in construction, so if not handled correctly or overfilled, then potential bomb.
Letting refrigerant to atmosphere is for non professional.

Why do you want to empty anyway?

Wickfut
21-11-2020, 07:03 AM
I wanted to salvage the compressor for another a project. I'm not a professional, so it's OK for me to just cut the compress out? I was trying to do the responsible thing, but hey ho...

Brian_UK
21-11-2020, 02:16 PM

WRONG, properly trained people use the proper equipment and tools.