PDA

View Full Version : Finder Energy Meter

Stretch79
06-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Hi guys,

Just a question and hopefully someone may be able to help out never having fitted one before.

I have had to install an energy meter on some equipment and bit lost on one part.

I have taken the feed from the supply side of the isolator via a 3 phase breaker then off to the energy meter as illustrated. Now I have the 230v per phase supply to the inputs, the outputs have 230v also, but where do I go from here?

They need to go somewhere but I'm lost as to where? This is to show us the Kw/h.

Thanks all

Brian_UK
06-11-2020, 06:30 PM
If I understand you correctly you are looking for the outgoing 3 phases, L1, L2 and L3.

They are shown on the lower wiring diagram coming out of the unit terminals then up through the load symbol and on to the neutral line.

Stretch79
06-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Thanks Brian, then the load being the equipment. So if that’s the case where do the outputs go to? See attached of rough diagram of how I have wired it up. Maybe wired it up wrongly?

Going by the instructions it mentions using an mcb so you don’t have to isolate the supply completely.

Below is what I’m thinking but unsure? In instructions it mentions using a separate fuse so you don’t have to isolate all the plant to change the energy meter??

Brian_UK
06-11-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry but your sketches confuse me.

Your energy meter has three input phase connectors L1, L2 and L3. Adjacent to each input terminal is the output terminal.

I would suggest that your wiring would run as ...

1. Incoming metered supply.
2. 3 phase isolator or MCB
3. Energy meter L1, L2, L3 inputs
4. Energy meter L1, L2, L3 outputs
5. 3 phase isolator or MCB

I'm not an electrician so I suggest you contact an electrician to ensure that your installation complies with regulations.

knighty
07-11-2020, 08:12 PM
I think the diagram it came with (the picture you showed) is wrong

there's two terminals for each phase... looks like one is in and one is out (in from mains, out to fridge/load/whatever)

they're showing all the outputs going to negative.... that's wrong - if it was right, why would have have 3 separate terminals going to the same place?

do you have hands on the meter yet? It'll problem be marked and have a diagram or instructions on it.... fingers crossed they're better!

Brian_UK
07-11-2020, 08:16 PM
I think the diagram it came with (the picture you showed) is wrong

there's two terminals for each phase... looks like one is in and one is out (in from mains, out to fridge/load/whatever)

they're showing all the outputs going to negative.... that's wrong - if it was right, why would have have 3 separate terminals going to the same place?

do you have hands on the meter yet? It'll problem be marked and have a diagram or instructions on it.... fingers crossed they're better!
If you look at the outgoing lines you will see a rectangular block on the line. That is the load so yes the neutral then is the final connection.

Jeff Winsor
07-11-2020, 08:18 PM
You might find more info in Finder datasheet. Page 6
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2674592.pdf

knighty
08-11-2020, 12:57 AM
I assumed they were fuses... but weird to show negative as the final connection on a 3 phase system?

(I think you're right, just think diagram is weird)