PDA

View Full Version : AC units suitable for Kuwait temperatures and Sand Storms

S_Line
19-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Hi Folks, we install AC units to cool mobile Radar stations in the UK. THe company we install them for are branching out to other parts of the world.
The Daikin units we currently install work fine.
There are concerns about the Temperatures and the sand storm in Kuwait.
These little radar cabins are normal sited in temporary locals near airports, reservoirs and famous people homes to monitor Drones and low level aircraft. So can be in a remote location.

Sand storms has been mentioned - how do companies in Far Eastern locations combat the problem of sand in the outside units ?

Has anyone installed AC in far eastern desert locations and can share some knowledge please

r.bartlett
08-11-2020, 08:30 PM
We just used standard mitsubishi systems when we did switchgear portacabins. Although we had them on pull out rails and flexible lines so they were locked away for transportation but pulled out when located
The systems are all the same all over the world
However you need to factor performance loss with high ambient temperatures
I would double the load. If you are unsure just Google earth the nearest town and see what they have hanging off walls there. Then make sure there is the manufacturer present for tech support.

ice_cool
09-01-2021, 02:17 PM
I am working in the industry of cold storage and supermarket refrigeration. There is a famous AC facotry located in our town which is named as Midea. They have also been exporting air conditioners to Middle East area. I believe you might get a help from them. You may send an e-mail to t (feedback@midea.com)hem to have a look. Hope you can get a solution.