PDA

View Full Version : Condensers during hot weather

chillyblue
19-08-2020, 10:38 AM
Hi

im sure many of you had the same problems as me the other week with units cutting out on high pressure due to high ambient temperatures so I have a question could you not add another condenser in addition to the existing condenser to lower discharge pressures and increase heat rejection, I know this could cause problems in the winter with low liquid line pressures if the heat exchange of the condenser was too much, but this could be controlled with fan controls and bypass valves.
i also understand that you can only condense to (I.e. 100% efficient) your ambient temperature.

it just annoys me that manufacturers seem to size condensers too tight and the first bit of high temperature we have, stuff starts tripping and failing.

i like many of you have used water to keep plant running, when neede but that in itself isn’t great for the equipment.

also when piping should it be piped in series or parallel?

thanks in advance guys
CB

RANGER1
19-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Equipment is designed for certain ambient that is relatively normal.
Some regions higher/lower than others.
They don’t normally consider the several days a year that might happen, so you have to limp through.
You can install a bigger condenser, but has to be able to work in winter.
Normally pipe in parallel, but would have to be piped correctly, probably better with 1 condenser designed for ambient of your choice, cycle fans etc on & off with pressure switch or more advanced Inbuilt VSD fan motors.