PDA

View Full Version : Split AC wont turn on - need help for diagnostic

degetel77
31-07-2020, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone.
I have a split ac (about 6 years old) that started leaking about 2 weeks ago but I realized it came off the bracket in the back so it wasnt level. I fixed that and it worked fine since then but now it wont turn on at all.
Is there a way to perform some basic validations before I call a contractor?
Also, if one of the units is defective, can the contractor swap just the inside or outside unit or it has to be the whole system?

Thanks a lot.

Brian_UK
31-07-2020, 01:09 PM
Check the power supply to both indoor and outdoor units.

Remote controller operating correctly, batteries, wires.. ?

Did your remounting works cause any damage to the pipework at all, maybe refrigerant leakage?

It's hard to diagnose an unknown and unseen system from a distance.

Hopefully and broken/failed parts should be replaceable depending on spares availability.

ramesh
10-11-2020, 05:42 AM
Hi ,
You need to check the all component of ac . after that ON your ac. and call customer care to fix the issue.

ramesh
11-12-2020, 07:56 AM
hi,

you need to check all the component of Split AC. after that check the cable and then start.

frank
11-01-2021, 12:36 PM
If it started leaking (I assume you mean the refrigerant) then you will need a professional to attend to carry out a leak repair and recharge

bakerely
26-04-2021, 12:38 AM
Based on my experience, the contractor only replaced the things that needed to be replaced, I highly suggest you hire a reputable AC contractor to be sure that the repair would be done properly. I personally recommend that you get an air conditioning maintenance plan from a professional AC service provider to get your unit checked and serviced regularly. This is because that issue might've already started a long time ago and it could've been easily prevented if it was checked and serviced by a technician as small issues like the bracket coming off would've been detected and fixed early before it turned into a more costly repair like the one that you're experiencing right now.

joeanderso
04-05-2021, 05:38 AM
If your AC unit won't turn on, the first thing you should check is if there was a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. There's a good chance that the problem is a tripped breaker if the circuit was overloaded. However, it is also possible that a power surge caused your air conditioner to blow a fuse or trip a breaker.

Hope it helps
Joe

Brian_UK
04-05-2021, 01:02 PM
As no response from original poster since last July this tread is now closed.