PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Aircon Dripping

lucky86
08-07-2020, 10:21 AM
Hello All,

I need a bit of help with my Aircon as home. In recent weeks there's been a bit of dripping from the unit in my bedroom. The dripping doesnt occur straight away, only occurs after 6-7 hour of operation, ie. we have the aircon on during sleep, and the dripping wakes us up. I called a technician in but he seems quite useless and purely coming in to pocket the callout fee. He initially said it was a clogged pipe which is tried to clear but unfortunately that didnt solve the problem.

I decided to tackle the problem myself so I took away the cover of my Daikin aircon in my room and I see all these water droplets of water on the base of my aircon. I have attached photos of where the droplets are, I should of taken a photo of it before I wiped it all away.

Any ideas?

Thanks all..

petem
08-07-2020, 10:52 AM
The insulation is not sealed some where. Condensation forming on pipes and dripping

Tycho
08-07-2020, 04:32 PM
What Petem said, Also,

On the picture where it says "DROPS", to the right of the Arrowpoint, is that ice on the insulation?

What temperature do you have it set at?

Could also be low on refrigerant causing it to ice up, when the room gets colder, and either during defrost or early morning hours when the temperature rises again the ice starts to melt and drip from the pipes.

I have had that happen with the ac at home, and various places around the world.

During a job in the middle of the desert in Oman I had the indoor unit set to 16C and it would freeze into a solid block of ice during the night, then in the morning it would start melting and drip onto the bed.
same in Thailand and Morocco.

These were non-inverter AC's.

The one at home is inverter, it froze up because of a low charge, scared the bejebus out of me when it defrosted and the ice fell onto the fan and started shooting ice all over the livingroom.

The one at home and in Oman was because of low charge, the one in thailand was ok, just had to set it to 18C instead of 16C to keep it from freezing over