PDA

View Full Version : Daikin help!

Marky_Mark
02-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Hi guys

I have a Daikin central ducted system that is about 15 years old. The controller is BRC1D52. The air handler’s fan runs all the time the system is on. I would like to try having the fan only coming on when the compressor is running. The instructions for the controller say that it has an “auto” fan setting, but I can only choose between low and high fan. Does anyone know how to go about this? The reason I want to try this is to reduce indoor humidity.

Thank you!
Mark

Brian_UK
02-07-2020, 02:50 PM
The fan needs to be running so that the air temperature can be monitored.

If your system has the 'dry' available then you could try using that to hold the humidity level.

frank
02-07-2020, 03:20 PM
With the old ducted unit it is only possible to select either low or high fan speed. Inside the control panel of the ducted unit there is a selector switch for Low - Medium - High setting. Factory setting is Medium. The dip switch settings are to adjust the fan speed against ductwork resistance on commissioning.

There is the option of selecting Fan Off at Thermostat Off in Heating mode in the Engineer mode of the BRC1D

Marky_Mark
02-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Thank you guys very much for helping! Also, I think I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry if that’s the case.

I was hoping that the BRC1D could measure the temperature itself without having the fan running to measure the return air temp. Don’t know if that’s possible. It does have dry mode, which I’ve tried before and it didn’t seem to reduce the humidity any better. It’s still typically around 65%.

I received this response from Daikin. But I’m not sure how to do this or if it will work. I think you press the “test” button to enter engineer mode...?
It sounds like you would need to alter the field settings to have it:

Sense from the controller
22-2-03
22-6-02

Indoor fan off
22-1-02

Thank you — much appreciated ��

frank
03-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Have a read of this Marky_Mark - but a word of caution.....messing with the settings when you don't know what you are doing is risky.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?31380-Daikin-Service-Codes-Info