PDA

View Full Version : New refrigerants and refrigeration cycles.

devashare
12-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, I am currently a senior studying Mechanical Engineering and I am thinking about doing a specialization in AC and refrigeration. I was reading about vapor-compressed cycle. It is the most common used cycle of refrigeration and it has been used for over 100 years. I was wondering if there is space for improvement in this field, or if you guys know of new cycles or methods that are being made right now in this industry. Thanks.

alexz
12-08-2020, 09:34 AM
The refrigeration cycle starts and ends with the compressor. The refrigerant flows into the Compressor where it is compressed and pressurised. At this point, the refrigerant a hot gas. The refrigerant is then pushed to the Condenser which turns the vapour into liquid and absorbs some of the heat.

frank
14-08-2020, 08:52 AM
The refrigeration cycle starts and ends with the compressor. The refrigerant flows into the Compressor where it is compressed and pressurised. At this point, the refrigerant is a hot gas. The refrigerant is then pushed to the Condenser which turns the vapour into liquid and absorbs some of the heat.

Not strictly correct alexz

Have a search for Absorption Refrigeration Cycle

ramesh
10-11-2020, 05:53 AM
Knowledge — Refrigeration Cycle
# 1: Heat of Vaporization
# 2: Pressure changes the boiling point of a liquid
# 3: Heat (energy) is neither created nor destroyed — it is merely transferred.
# 4: There is no such thing as cold — only the absence of heat.

ramesh
23-03-2021, 09:13 AM
The refrigeration cycle contains four major components: the compressor, condenser, expansion device, and evaporator. Refrigerant remains piped between these four components and is contained in the refrigerant loop. The refrigerant begins as a cool vapor and heads to the first component: the compressor

Brian_UK
23-03-2021, 01:10 PM
The refrigeration cycle contains four major components: the compressor, condenser, expansion device, and evaporator. Refrigerant remains piped between these four components and is contained in the refrigerant loop. The refrigerant begins as a cool vapor and heads to the first component: the compressor
Please refer to Frank's comment above.

Josip
26-03-2021, 01:10 AM
Hey guys, I am currently a senior studying Mechanical Engineering and I am thinking about doing a specialization in AC and refrigeration. I was reading about vapor-compressed cycle. It is the most common used cycle of refrigeration and it has been used for over 100 years. I was wondering if there is space for improvement in this field, or if you guys know of new cycles or methods that are being made right now in this industry. Thanks.

As senior student of mechanical engineering you should know much more about new methods or new cycles in AC and refrigeration ... and tell us about ;-)))

Best regards, Josip