PDA

View Full Version : Foster 3 Door Counter Fridge - Controller replacement

DukesCaffe
20-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Hi guys,

New to the forum and as my current fridge repair man is no longer visiting clients due to Covid-19, I thought I would ask the forum if you had any ideas as to what was happening with this fridge.

I have an old 3 door Foster counter fridge in the garage that I took out from one of my shops a few years back when we upgraded the fridges there. All seemed to be working well, recently re-gassed and serviced. In the last few days, I noticed a burning smell in the garage, took off the side panel and spotted that the controller had burnt through the terminals where the live goes into the unit. Unit was switched off and left until the new controller I purchased arrived. Controller was fitted, unit powered up but no sound of the compressor. The read out on the front of the unit will show the temperature but there are no red dots next to the compressor or the fans.

If you switch the fridge off and then back on, I can get the compressor to run for about 20 seconds and then it cuts off again.

So, is there some diagram available online that details the wiring on the controller? When replacing the old controller, I thought I followed it cable by cable to ensure the correct ports but perhaps I was a little too quick on some and potentially there is one cable in the wrong place?

The controller part number is: 00-5565225

Thanks in advance!

al
20-04-2020, 02:03 PM
What model controller, can you post the instructions?

Have you contacted your current fridge man to see if he's talk you through it (for a fee,maybe?)

Brian_UK
20-04-2020, 05:24 PM
Did you not get a set of instructions with the new controller, if not contact the supplier.