PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal??

Ant27
10-03-2020, 08:02 PM
Good evening Guys,
Could you let me know your thoughts on these r410a running pressures please. It is an LG split system, I was expecting the high side to be a higher pressure.
15515Many thanks

Tayters
10-03-2020, 08:42 PM
If you're on the ports on the service valves in cooling mode then perhaps fine. If heating then perhaps short of charge but need a bit more info to give a more probable answer.
Really need to know where you are connected on the gauge lines, mode and indoor air off/on for starters.

Cheers,
Andy.

Ant27
10-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Thanks Andy,
I’m connected to the ports on the service valves, running on cooling.
Many thanks

Tayters
10-03-2020, 10:31 PM
You are really on the suction side on both ports as the liquid port is just after the expansion device. It's a bit of higher pressure because refrigerant has yet to travel through the pipe to the evaporator, some call it a pre-expansion line.
It should be pretty full of liquid (up to the indoor so I believe) so kind of liquid line but at suction pressures.
If the indoor is cooling as you'd expect then just something to note I'd say.

Normally pump it down before undoing the hose, save those fingers.

If that sheds the right bit of light on it then you are in good company as it was a question I asked 10 years back, how time flies...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?25571-Daikin-split-short-cycling-after-leak-repaired&highlight=

Ant27
11-03-2020, 06:08 AM
Thanks very much Andy, it’s working fine but the pressures had me flummoxed. It doesn’t need any more refrigerant then?
Cheers

Brian_UK
11-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Nope,the expansion device is in the outdoor unit so all of the external pipework is part of the evaporator circuit.

Ant27
11-03-2020, 03:32 PM
Thank you very much