PDA

View Full Version : Question about future AC.

3azeez
04-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie and came across this forum through google search.

I have a question regarding air conditioning efficiency (its use of electricity to produce the desired cooling) in the future.

As I understood, many countries with high ambient temperatures prefer to stick with airconditionners that use R-22 refrigerant because of its efficiency in achieving the desired cooling temperature. Newer refrigerants as I understood are not as energy efficient in higher ambient temperatures.

Since R-22 is ozone depleting substance, I understood that the technology is being phased out and that soon air conditioners using it will be completely out of the market. If this is the case, what is it being substituted with? Is it of equivalent efficiency under high ambient temperatures? if not, are we expecting less efficient air conditioners in the future? or is there something being done to tackle this issue that might be coming out in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

geminair
18-03-2020, 10:27 AM
What has been the impact of "]air conditioning
on architectural typologies?

A.Mortezania
23-03-2020, 07:38 AM
Hi 3azeez,

what is your problem about R407C instead and substitute for R22 ???
in my country most of AC systems are working with R407C.

GENERALCOOL
23-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Why do not try R407C instead R22 ?

http://www.generalcooltrade.com

TrickyRikki
23-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Here in the UK R22 has been banned for quite some time now, our a/c is mostly R410a but i also work on R32 as well and most of the new installs are on R32 (which is one of the blends in R410a)

In my opinion though the 410 units are much better than the 32 units