PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba MMY-MAP1004FT8-E accumulator heater belt

TrickyRikki
08-11-2019, 09:01 PM
Hello all, its been a while since i last needed advice but after today i could do with some words of wisdom.

So my company has recently taken on a new site and today i had the first visit of AC maintenance, all the units are fine and in an okayish condition, only real problems was with filters damaged and a few pumps had failed all seems good.

I went to check over the outdoor units (3 vrf's linked together) take the panels off and do leak checks ect on it, i checked the CCH on each compressor which work fine, then i noticed that each unit has its own accumulator and each accumulator has a heater belt around it.

I assumed as 2 of the units were not running at the moment the accumulator belt would be off and cold, which it was, the 3rd unit that was running i assumed the heater belt would be warm as the accumulator was cold, but the belt wasnt warm at all. I had a quick google and found no answer so i though id email Toshiba technical and hopefully they can tell me.

Toshiba responded with "it's a question we're not 100% sure on, however we are pretty sure the accumulator belt is powered permanently"

So the question is, does anyone have any idea if they should be warm when running or warm all the time? any help would be appreciated, as i say all the units are working fine i just dont know if i have 3 faulty belts or just the 1 thats not heating up when the unit is running.

r.bartlett
08-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Hope this helps

TrickyRikki
08-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Hope this helps

Thats brilliant, thank you