PDA

View Full Version : Remove Non Condensing gasses

maskinmester
28-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Hi.

High pressure and temperature condenser.
Water temp ok, condenser clean. Refrigerant level on the low side.
Suspecting "air" in refrigerant.
I would like to transfer my 12kg R507 to recovery bottle and vacuum the system.
Do anybody have a procedure for removing non-condensing gasses from recovery bottle?
How long time should i settle the R507 before blowing of "air"

Best Regards
mm

RANGER1
29-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Maskinmester,
You could just reclaim refrigerant in condenser then run to see result.
If you reclaimed all into reclaim cylinder, then reclaim off top of it into another reclaim cylinder aggressively for a few minutes, probably ok.
Would not think you can vent to atmosphere.
12 kg probably replace it, if not to expensive.

Have you checked for really good water flow through shell & tube.
Also divider plate & gasket if 2 pass or more water circuit.

Rob White
29-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Hi.

High pressure and temperature condenser.
Water temp ok, condenser clean. Refrigerant level on the low side.
Suspecting "air" in refrigerant.
I would like to transfer my 12kg R507 to recovery bottle and vacuum the system.
Do anybody have a procedure for removing non-condensing gasses from recovery bottle?
How long time should i settle the R507 before blowing of "air"

Best Regards
mm

I can't really advise on how to vent the air because that would mean a vent of refrigerant But

If all the refrigerant was removed and put into a cylinder any air would be at the top almost instantly
so allowing the cylinder to stand for a few minuets would be sufficient to separate the air to the top of the cylinder.

I do agree with Ranger though and consider looking at replacing the whole lot with virgin and that way
when you weigh it back in to the vacuumed system you know you are starting with the correct constituent parts.

I would ask though how did the air get in, in the first place? That issue needs to be resolved first.

Regards

Rob

Tycho
29-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Is there any way you can recover the ***** as liquid, from the receiver or liquid line to one recovery bottle, and when you start reclaiming gas you can switch to a different bottle?

that way you have clean liquid on one bottle and any non condensable would be in the second bottle.

With the prices on R-507, I'd suggest to change the refrigerant to a suitable replacement.

Here's some general information https://www.buskerudkulde.no/aktueltsak/kraftig-prisstigning-pa-mediet-r-507

passandscore
14-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Hi MM,

When purging non-condensables from a cylinder, I do the following:

1) Strap a temperature sensor near the bottom of the bottle (sensing the liquid).
2) Install gauges on the cylinder.
3) Refer to a PT chart. Check that the pressure inline with the temperature? (If not go to step 4)
4) Purge the bottle slowly to relieve the non-condensables. Too fast and you will boil the liquid refrigerant.
5) Purge the bottle until the pressure is inline with the temperature?

I realize that some may be concerned with purging to atmosphere but keep in mind that we are purging non-condensables not refrigerant. Also, we are certain that there are non-condensables because the pressure is not inline with the temperature.