PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Inverter Heat Pump PCBs

kssoin
24-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Hello Folks,
I had two units of Panasonic Inverter Heat Pump split unit with R410A
The outdoor unit is CU-YE18PKY and indoor unit is CS-YE18PKY.
Thee worked fine for about five year and the PCB on the outdoor unit failed. The unit were installed in 2012 . The outdoor unit PCB was locally repaired and worked for about a year and again failed. The fault codes were F99 and H11 respectively. I inquired for cost of the PCBs (indoor unit and outdoor unit) the cost of replacement is 80% of cost of new units. I am located in Delhi in India. To confirm I requested a quote from Orionair in the UK The cost was about 600 pounds.
Why are these pcbs so highly priced? Is it so with Panasonic or are other brands as expensive
what do you folks suggest I buy new units or have the PCBs replaced?
The second unit failed this year, the outdoor unit is not working, no fault code.
Regards for your time.

martinw58
01-09-2019, 07:24 AM
i think replace the units they are7 years old and other components might start to fail

S_Line
09-10-2019, 09:58 AM
i think replace the units they are7 years old and other components might start to fail

YEs i agree, the price of circuit boards are high across the industry in general, sometimes i come across a PCB that i say wow that was less than i was expecting, but in general they are allways in hundreds of pounds.
There are some cases where its a common fault, and the manufacturer knows that.

Pipes and cable are all in place, time for a new system.