PDA

View Full Version : Rhoss Water Chiller

Tayters
23-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Thanks to another thread managed to get into the factory setting but...

There are two small water chillers, two compressors each didn't get any model numbers as were subbing to the guy who got those details whilst I was with him. Carel controller with three buttons down each side, modem type plug connects to the PCB inside. Alarm, Prg, on/off on the left. Up, enter, down on the right.
The front controllers were replaced on both units as the buttons weren't always working. Not sure what went on there but it seems one chiller all good to go no real drama.
The other came up error 31, probe B2 not connected / open circuit.
No B2 probe on both chillers. Needed the factory password to configure the probes. Got to the screen to dis/enable probes, selected B2 and changed Y to N. Each time the N changed itself back to Y as if it wouldn't let me change it. The other probes you could change.
Ended up plugging a random probe in to get it operational (I think it was an ambient sensor but not sure where I saw that now). It read 48*C but ran, no errors still couldn't program it out.

Anyone make any sense of that and can explain why it wont program out?

Cheers,
Andy.

chemi-cool
24-08-2019, 07:03 PM
A picture of the controller would help.

Tayters
25-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Ha, bit vague I know :-]
Controller was one of these.

chemi-cool
25-08-2019, 01:23 PM
This is not the controller but a control terminal
the controller is somewhere else.

Carel is making this setup for many companies.

You must find the PCO controller and see how to program it. You might need a special software and cables to connect it to a laptop.
Check Carel website for information.

Sorry I cant help you more/

redroge
26-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Looks similar to Lennox controller on them you can get a separate controller that plugs into the pcb enabling further interrogation of the parameters

Tayters
27-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Controller in the chiller isn't the one in the plastic case, it's just a PCB. Perhaps that picture was a bit misleading, was just one I got from the Google. I have changed one of the PCB's in the past and no programming was involved, it's like the parameters are set in the front display and PCB is a glorified relay/timer/interface board.
There is a factory menu accessible from the keypad but like I say, on the probe enable screen it wouldn't let me program out this particular probe for whatever reason.
Point taken that perhaps there's another bit of programming kit required (to stop amateurs like me mucking about with it, ha ha!).

frank
28-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Passwords are shown in section 2.1 Tayters - hope it helps
https://www.carel.com/documents/10191/0/%2B030220431/ee585761-3f61-49a8-b153-25d5a0417e75?version=1.1

Manufacturers password used recently (a few years ago ;)) was 1798