PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning heating but not cooling help needed

danielc4514
16-04-2019, 08:45 PM
So today I had an Fujitsu unit going into heating fine, but when I asked for cooling, it would come on for 20 seconds down to 9 deg Celsius then start blowing ambient air. Fan would ramp right down and turn off.

I tested the pressures and in heating I'm getting 30bar and 35 bar, in cooling I'm getting 7 and 10 bar, tested the reversing valve and that's fine.
Filters and coils clean.

Any ideas would be great.

It's a 15kw running two cassettes, so I have dismissed it being anything yo do with indoor sensors.

Room temp was in the 20's

Brian_UK
16-04-2019, 11:41 PM
Pull the charge and check the weight.

Cooling pressures are low so the 4 way valve may not be changing over properly.

Mind you, those pressures don't mean anything because we don't know what the refrigerant is.

danielc4514
17-04-2019, 03:22 AM
Thanks for your response. I have tested the 4 way valve and that's working as it should.
Sorry, the refrigerant is r410a..... I'm getting in the 50's when in heating, it's only cooling im having a problem.... so I guessed the refrigerant charge is ok if it's working in heating, or am I wrong?
I dont do a huge amount of fault finding but am trying to get better at it.

TrickyRikki
17-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Thanks for your response. I have tested the 4 way valve and that's working as it should.
Sorry, the refrigerant is r410a..... I'm getting in the 50's when in heating, it's only cooling im having a problem.... so I guessed the refrigerant charge is ok if it's working in heating, or am I wrong?
I dont do a huge amount of fault finding but am trying to get better at it.

Have you got the unit details? both indoor and outdoor i may have some bits i can ping over to you

frank
17-04-2019, 06:21 PM
How have you dismissed the sensors as not faulty?
Did you measure the resistances?

scoobyru
17-04-2019, 07:06 PM
it points at faulty sensor on indoor unit to me too if cutting off so quick , best to unplug it and check its resistance.