PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever brazed with water before??

Rob White
27-02-2019, 04:57 PM

See

https://www.castolin.com/sites/default/files/product/downloads//Castolin_dyomix_OHM_2-4_brazing_equipment_no_gas.pdf

https://www.castolin.com/sites/default/files/product/downloads//Castolin_dyomix_OHM_2-4_brazing_equipment_no_gas.pdf

Just wondering if anyone has ever used it and what any experiences were?

Rob

martinw58
27-02-2019, 05:36 PM
they where using them at the refrigeration show at the o2

hyperion
28-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Looks a good bit of kit. Hope they make it with a longer hose and a 110volt version.

Rob White
28-02-2019, 01:47 PM

I think if it works and if the price is right more will be out there and then the modifications
like 110v / 230v or even battery like your drill :D 2.5 kW though would need fair sized batteries.

Ive emailed them for details and prices with the intention of using one for training, as an alternative
to the Oxy / Accet - Maxigas jobbies we have, it might be a viable alternative.

Rob

chemi-cool
28-02-2019, 04:40 PM

I think if it works and if the price is right more will be out there and then the modifications
like 110v / 230v or even battery like your drill :D 2.5 kW though would need fair sized batteries.

Ive emailed them for details and prices with the intention of using one for training, as an alternative
to the Oxy / Accet - Maxigas jobbies we have, it might be a viable alternative.

Rob

Its the same principal used in fuel systems. Had one in my old Berlingo, water is separate into oxygen and hydrogen, flowing into the car intake system, a much better mileage per gallon, more power and cleaner exhaust gas.

Castoline unit is doing the same. Problem is low brazing temp compare to propane\oxygen kits.

I am sure it "not" very cheap either.

Rob White
05-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Its the same principal used in fuel systems. Had one in my old Berlingo, water is separate into oxygen and hydrogen, flowing into the car intake system, a much better mileage per gallon, more power and cleaner exhaust gas.

Castoline unit is doing the same. Problem is low brazing temp compare to propane\oxygen kits.

I am sure it "not" very cheap either.

£4000.....................

It was a nice thought. :)

Rob

hyperion
05-03-2019, 10:48 AM
That has just priced itself out of being useful!!