PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting York YCAS screw chillers from R22 to R407c

Miked1
14-02-2019, 11:01 AM
It's been a while since I posted anything here.
I am about to embark on changing some R22 YCAS chillers to R407c and was wondering if anyone out there has some experience they could share with regards to what problems I can expect to come up against. The local York supplier has told me that we will lose about 5 to 6% capacity but that is not a big problem as the units are already oversized for their duty.
I would appreciate any advice regarding the above project. I have been reading some blogs where people are talking about o-rings require changing etc because they change shape with 407c?????

mbc
14-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Hi
main thing to change R22 to 407C
is cleaning system ( very good) and putting POE type Oli in compressor .
then after running set superheat

RANGER1
15-02-2019, 02:43 AM
It's been a while since I posted anything here.
I am about to embark on changing some R22 YCAS chillers to R407c and was wondering if anyone out there has some experience they could share with regards to what problems I can expect to come up against. The local York supplier has told me that we will lose about 5 to 6% capacity but that is not a big problem as the units are already oversized for their duty.
I would appreciate any advice regarding the above project. I have been reading some blogs where people are talking about o-rings require changing etc because they change shape with 407c?????

“0” rings could definitely be a potential issue internal & external leakage.

Miked1
20-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Thank you gents. It seems that it shouldn't be too difficult as the systems already have POE oil in the compressors.

RANGER1
20-02-2019, 08:17 PM
You can find a procedure here, I'm assuming accurate.

https://www.honeywell-refrigerants.com/india/?document=guide-to-retrofitting-ac-systems-from-r-22-to-r-422d-or-r-407c&download=1